The venue of the workshop, de Thieme Loods, is located in the Leemptstraat in the beautiful, historic, and ‘gezellig’ neigbourhood Bottendaal. There are several pubs and a large supermarket near the venue. The venue is an easy walking distance (500m / 7 mins) from Nijmegen’s central train station.
We have made arrangements with Hotel Apollo (***) to block a number of rooms at a discounted price. They can offer us a discount of 5% on regular room prices for the three nights of the workshop:
- Single room: 80 euros/night
- Double room: 113 euros/night (double occupancy), 94 euros/night (single occupancy)
These prices include breakfast, but exclude tourist tax of 2.12 euros/night per person.
Please contact Odette Scharenborg, if you are interested. Rooms are given out on a first come, first serve basis.
Nijmegen has several other hotels and bed&breakfasts. Below are listed a few of these:
- Hotel Mercure (****): located next to Nijmegen central station. Walking distance to the workshop venue is 500 m/7 mins.
- Hotel Grand Cafe Atlanta (***): located right in the middle of the city centre of Nijmegen, at the beautiful, historic square ‘Grote Markt’. Walking distance to the workshop venue is 1.4 km/17 mins.
- Hotel Courage (***): located at the riverside of the river Waal, which runs at the north side of the city centre of Nijmegen. Walking distance to the workshop venue is 1.9 km/25 mins.